AccessibleEU is one of the flagship initiatives proposed by the European Commission Strategy for the Rights of Persons with Disabilities 2021-2030. It is a resource Centre on accessibility working on areas such as built environment, transport, information and communication technologies to ensure the participation of persons with disabilities in all areas of life on equal basis with others.
If you want to know more about AccessibleEU Centre, go to section About AccessibleEU.
- Build the capacity on accessibility in EU countries
- Support the implementation of the European Union legislation on accessibility
- Connect stakeholders responsible for implementing accessibility rules in the EU
- Create a common European one-stop-shop on accessibility
- Train excellent professionals on accessibility
What does AccessibleEU offer?
The Centre offers direct links, databases, information about standards, guides, studies, good practices and support materials on accessibility.
AccessibleEU is putting together a community of practice comprising accessibility and disability experts.
AccessibleEU offers workshops, online trainings and mutual learning events, among others on different accessibility topics.
AccessibleEU provides support to monitor compliance with EU legislation across sectors in each EU country.
AccessibleEU organises altogether 88 events per year, held at European and national levels in online, in-person and hybrid formats.
Annually, there is 1 European-level awareness-raising event, 2 in big EU countries and 1 in medium and small EU countries.
AccessibleEU offers annually 2 workshops and mutual learning events at a European level, 2 in big EU countries and 1 in EU medium and small countries. Topics include but are not limited to accessibility of:
- Built environment
Additionally, a series of online trainings on targeted accessibility topics are also offered once a year.
There is 1 EU level networking event, and 1 in each Member State.
Results for the first year
First half of the year
- Presentation of AccessibleEU website and newsletter
- Launch event
Second half of the year
- Training events
- Networking events
- 500 new members in the community of practice
- 60 entries in AccessibleEU online library
- 5 good practices from each EU country identified
Who can participate?
- Private and public companies (including SME’s and microenterprises making accessible products and services)
- Associations of businesses across industries (ICT, transport, constructions, etc.)
- Persons with disabilities, older persons and their organisations
- Public administrators responsible for accessibility legislation and policies
- Public authorities responsible for market surveillance of the of products and compliance services with accessibility obligations
- Public procurers
- Organisations working in the field of accessibility
- Providers of services for persons with disabilities
- Technology developers
- Assistive technologies providers
- Built environment professionals (architects, engineers, etc.)
- Universities and academia of accessibility and disability
AccessibleEU is funded by the Directorate-General Employment, Social Affairs of the European Commission and carried out by the following consortium:
The experts organised in different levels will lead, manage, and operate the European Accessibility Resource Centre. Know more about AccessibleEU's Network of Experts.
How to participate?
If you wish to join our community and participate in our activities, please fill out the registration form
To learn more about AccessibleEU, reach out us at: